Monday, June 22, 2009

Is there Anything You Regret?

Regret is not something that you'd like to carry throughout your life. However, it pays to be aware of what you regret. This can allow you to let go of your baggage. This can also allow you to be a better writer, since you know what it is that can drive you (your own past, and your own stories) and can even hold you back (any emotional baggage that is more draining than productive).

What do you regret? Here are a few blanks that you can fill. You can print them out or copy and paste them onto your word processor.

1. I sometimes wonder what it would be like if I had instead chosen to ___________.

2. I sometimes regret choosing to ______________.

3. I wish I had more money when I was younger so that I could __________.

4. Now that I am older, I know that ____________ is not as important as ________________.

5. I don't know if I can ever _____________ again, but I know that I can still _______________.

6. I sometimes fantasize about ___________, especially since _____________ is a poor ___________.

7. I sometimes wonder if __________ still thinks about me, but I know ____________ will never _________.

8. It's cheesy, but I think ____________ will always be my __________, while ____________ is my _______________.

9. I regret not telling ___________ that I _____________, because now, I _____________ but I don't _________________.

10. It's hard to be _____________ when you're thinking of ____________.

No comments: